S/4 HANA, Global Business Transformation, board level SAP Project Management
Multifaceted SAP leadership role to help deliver a key £30 million SAP-led business transformation programme. This position will require demonstrable expertise in global SAP template deployment Project Management, Business Transformation leadership, Change and credibility at board level.
- Drive the plan, contribute to the deployment strategy and ultimately delivery of the global template capabilities across the businesses in scope for the release.
- Contribute to the benefit realisation plan for the core global template and manage to the plan
- Work with the Programme Director to define the project to an appropriate professional standard, with guidance from PMO
- Lead and motivate the project management team, with the support of the Programme Director and Steering Team
- Define, allocate and authorise the work required to deliver the project’s products in defined Work Packages which remain within the approved authority and Stage Boundary
- Manage work/tasks and information flows within the project, using an appropriate combination of structured/formal and unstructured verbal and written techniques
- Establish and manage the project’s procedures and controls (such as monitoring & reporting), with guidance from PMO
- Engage with the project team and stakeholders to deliver achievable layered plans throughout the project
- Drive for delivery of the agreed deliverables to time, cost and quality standards within the constraints of scope, benefits and risk tolerance
- Identify and manage Risks and Issues with exemplary clarity and communication, escalating openly where appropriate, with guidance from PMO
- Identify and manage Stakeholders in a structured and effective way, taking account of the unique characteristics of each group or individual as appropriate
- Identify and manage the impact of change on the Project’s stakeholders, with support from the Project’s Sponsor. Build and sustain the Business Case for the Project, with the support of the Project’s Senior Customer, Sponsor and PMO.
- Define future resource requirements and secure the required project resources from resource managers, via structured informal communication and good relationships
- Monitor progress against plan, and alert the Project Sponsor and Steering Team of any deviations beyond the agreed tolerances
- Prepare the mandatory definition documents, and others where specified by the Sponsor or PMO, and agree them with the Project Steering Team
- Prepare and issue the standard mandatory reports, and others where specified, using standard templates. Maintain the standard mandatory records, such as Risks, Issues, Actions, Decisions, etc., and others where specified by the PMO.
Key skills and experience:
- Extensive experience gained as an SAP Project Manager/Programme Manager implementing global business systems via template rollouts.
- Business-change focused with a strong appreciation of the complexities of moving from on premise to cloud (eg Legacy procurement to Ariba)
- Experience of leading global SAP Business Transformation programmes and Organisational Change
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing/supply chain and finance processes & master data
- Credibility at the Board room – articulate and able to engage the C-suite when required
- Capable of applying project management discipline in a low-structure environment Experience of working with geographically dispersed stakeholders (Europe-wide)
- Experience of picking up a struggling project and re-establishing its good health and standing with stakeholders and project team members.
- Experience of SAP S/4HANA and associated line of business solutions including Ariba, B/4HANA and other cloud applications highly advantageous
- Understanding of sales & operations planning processes (at a high level) advantageous Formal PM qualification advantageous (Axelos, APM, PMI or similar)
Please submit your CV for full details, thank you.